Jeannie Lochhead, MD is a board-certified psychiatrist at UCR Health. She came to UCR from the UC Irvine Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Lochhead is the director of the fourth year at the UCR School of Medicine and previously served as the training director for the general psychiatry residency. She is an assistant professor of clinical psychiatry at UCR and a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Lochhead earned her undergraduate degree in psychology with honors from Lafayette College. She then completed her premedical studies at Columbia University, and worked for the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. She graduated with honors from the University of Rochester School of Medicine, which included induction into the AOA honor society and receipt of the Cohen Prize at graduation. Dr. Lochhead has written both popular and scientific work about mental health issues and has presented this work at national and international conferences. She has a special interest in depression, anxiety, ADHD, women’s health, and PTSD.
- Mental Health
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Training / Memberships
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
Honors / Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Academic Excellence Prize at graduation, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Dean’s Academic Scholarship, University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Early Career Development Award, Association for Academic Psychiatry
- Ecopipam as a pharmacologic treatment of stuttering
- Flipped Classroom Approach to Teaching a Radiology Medical Student Clerkship
- Modafinil associated with new-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Lochhead J, Nelson M, Lake K, Flick R, & Maguire G. Deep brain stimulation for the treatment of OCD with implications for improvements in developmental stuttering. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry 2016; 28;(1):68-69
- Lochhead J, Nelson M, & Maguire G. The treatment of behavioral disturbances and psychosis associated with dementia. Psychiatry Pol. 2016; 50(2): 311–322
- Lochhead J, Nelson M, & Schneider A. Risks and benefits of clozapine rapid titration. Mental Illness. 2016; 8: 6457
- Nelson M, Lochhead J, Maguire G. Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis presenting as a primary psychotic disorder. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2017;29(3):205-206.
- Lochhead J, Nelson M, Bera R. Modafinil associated with new-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2018;30(1):70-71.
- Lochhead J, Maguire G, Nelson M. Pseudobulbar Affect Versus Depression:Issues in Diagnosis and Treatment. Psychiatric Times 2018; 7(31):1-4.
- Tan N, Bavadian N, Lyons P, Lochhead J, Alexander A. Flipped Classroom Approach to Teaching a Radiology Medical Student Clerkship. Journal American College Radiology. 2018; 15(12):1768-1770
- Maguire GA, LaSalle L, Hoffmeyer D, Nelson M, Lochhead J, et al. Ecopipam as a pharmacologic treatment of stuttering. Ann Clin Psychiatry; 2019, 31(3):164-168
- Ewald J, Ea A, Lochhead J, Tyrell R, Kinne E, Tan N. Impact of Live vs. Recorded Radiology Lectures for a 4th-year Medical Student Radiology Clerkship Rotation on Test Performance. Under review in Academic Radiology
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- University of Rochester School of Medicine (MD) – Rochester, NY
- University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, CA – Psychiatry