Successful treatment relies upon establishing a meaningful therapeutic alliance. Without this, there can be no benefit in treatment.
Laurie Jo Moore, MD specializes in psychiatry and psychotherapy and has had a longstanding interest in Social Psychiatry. She received lifetime board certification from The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 10 years subspecialty board certifications in Addictions and Geriatrics and she is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. Dr. Moore just completed a book called What's Behind Social Hatred. She has a special interest in Bipolar Disorder, trauma, PTSD and EMDR, and ISTDP. Dr. Moore was a founding member of the Women's Health Clinic in Portland, Oregon.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I enjoy reading, writing, being in nature, connecting with friends and family, and making a difference in the world.
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Supportive Psychotherapy
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN
Training / Memberships
- Delirious Mania: Recognition and Successful Treatment with Donepezil
- New Insights into Disease and Pathogen Research Vol. 1
- Preliminary Study of the Possible Benefit of the Reversible Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Donepezil for Cognitive Impairment Associated with Corticorticosteroid Treatment for Presumptive Neurosarcoidsosis with a Lesion in the Right Basal Ganglia and Thalamus
- MD Oregon Medical School – Oregon
- Psychiatry Residency OHSU R
- APA Mead-Johnson Public Psychiatry