"Greet my patients with a smile, be on time, and be empathetic and consider them as one of my family members when treating them."
Padmini Varadarajan, MD is a Cardiology Specialist at the UCR Health Multispecialty Center. Dr. Varadarajan is a Professor of Medicine, and an Academic Cardiologist, board-certified in Internal Medicine, Echocardiography and Adult Congenital Heart Diseases and Cardiac Computed Tomography. She has been a clinical-scholar and a full Professor of Medicine at Loma Linda University since 2013. Dr. Varadarajan is the author of 58 peer-reviewed manuscripts, 75 abstracts, six books in Cardiology, and 21 book chapters. She functioned as a mentor for 25 Internal Medicine Residents and Cardiology Residents Fellows in their research and career guidance over the last 12 years. She is a Director of Structural Heart Imaging and a member of the American College of Cardiology Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? "Outside of medicine I love to travel to new places. I also love to go hiking, cook for my family, garden, and dance."
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- National Board of Echocardiography - Echocardiography
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography - Cardiac Computed Tomography
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Training / Memberships
- Chair of ACC Diversity and Inclusion committee for Southern CA
- Council of Clinical Cardiology (American Heart Association)
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- International Society of Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Sex Difference in Patients With Ischemic Heart Failure Undergoing Surgical Revascularization
- Value of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging–Derived Baseline Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction and Volumes for Precise Risk Stratification of Patients With Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Improved Long Term Survival with Beta Blockers after Aortic Valve Replacement: Results from a Cohort of 570 Patients
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Gandhi Medical College, Osmania University – Hyderabad, India
- Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit
- Loma Linda University – Adult Cardiology and Advanced Echo Fellow
- USC/Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles – Cardiac MRI Fellow