Every patient has specific needs, the patient and provider must work together to meet those needs.
Robert Bota, MD specializes in Psychiatry at the UCR Health Comprehensive Psychiatric Centers in the Inland Empire. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and president of the Orange County Psychiatric Society. Dr. Bota is dedicated to understanding the interplay between psychiatric illnesses and medical conditions and on developing innovative ways of addressing the whole spectrum of psychosomatic needs in patients with complex presentations. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bota has a broad background in diagnosing and treating mental illness. Before his residency, he designed and conducted neuro-imaging research focused on correlations between structural brain changes and depression. Since the beginning of his residency in psychiatry, Dr. Bota has become interested in the interplay between medicine and psychiatry, especially the diagnostic and treatment of psychiatric conditions in medically ill patients – which present unique challenges due to their multiple comorbidities and the high risk of drug interactions. Outside of medicine, he likes spending time with family and friends.
- Why did you go into medicine? To better understand mind-body relation to the benefit of my patients.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Training / Memberships
- Orange County Psychiatric Society
- Clinical TMS Society
- Southern Medical Association Speaker's Bereau
Honors / Awards
- Distinguished Fellow of American Psychiatric Association
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Health Net
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Bucharest, Romania
- University of Missouri at Kansas City – Psychiatry