Saurabh Kumar, MD, FACOG
Accepting New Patients Board Certified Telehealth Offered
UCR Health Inland Empire Women’s Health Center
19330 Jesse Lane, Suite 100
Riverside, CA 92508
I believe patient satisfaction is paramount. Too often I see that patients are not able to understand their medical conditions. Spending time to explain and counsel is not complicated and can be achieved by understanding the problems from their standpoint and then explaining using various tools. Providing choices as solutions makes patients feel empowered after they understand their own condition.
Saurabh Kumar, MD specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the UCR Health Inland Empire Women’s Health Center. His clinical expertise is in obstetrics and pain management after surgery. He is also a Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine. Dr. Kumar is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He offers a wide range of services such as new pregnancy, continuation of pregnancy, managing high-risk pregnancy with high-risk specialists, Opioid management of pelvic pain, abnormal periods, management of PCOS, ovarian cysts, and abnormal pap smears. In addition, he performs annual exams and surgical procedures such as hysterectomies, endometrial ablations, colposcopies, dilation and curettage, hysteroscopies, permanent sterilizations, ectopic pregnancies, torsions, and obstetrics and gynecology ultrasounds. He hopes to bring the energy needed to build a program that provides high quality obstetric care to the residents of Riverside County. He also hopes to make obstetrical care reachable while improving quality and safety for the community. Dr. Kumar is fluent in English and Hindi.
- What are the unique and different skills you have, as a doctor? I have studied engineering and it provides me a different perspective while providing care. A better understanding while reading scientific papers gives me the ability to separate good from bad research and advice and care for patients in a more effective and safe manner.
- Outside of medicine, what do you like doing? I love aviation and aerospace sciences. Planning to take the family out for rocket launches, science museums, kids to zoo, botanical gardens for walks is exciting. Travelling to different regions of world is very exciting for me as well. When staying locally, evening walks and going biking with kids is very refreshing.
Areas of Interest
- Pain Management After Surgery - Surgical Site Infection Reduction
- Riverside Community Hospital
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Training / Memberships
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- T.N. Medical College
- University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee