Have you gotten your annual flu shot? Here’s some facts about the influenza vaccine for the 2021-2022 flu season:
- The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older (with a few exceptions) should get the influenza vaccine this year.
- Although there is no preference for which vaccine to get, different flu vaccines have been approved for different age groups.
- All flu vaccines this year are quadrivalent, meaning they will protect against four different flu viruses.
- Flu vaccine and Covid-19 vaccines are approved to be taken at the same.
- Although wearing masks and social distancing has lowered flu activity, getting the flu vaccine is the best way to keep yourself and others from getting sick.
For more information about the vaccine or to schedule an appointment, contact your provider.