With Independence Day just around the corner, let’s remember to celebrate safely and responsibly! In 2021, there were an estimated 11,500 injuries involving fireworks that were treated in emergency rooms. Whether in the garden or on the beach, here are seven ways to ensure a fun and safe firework experience for everyone:
- Keep a hose or bucket of water nearby
- If firework malfunctions, soak it with water and throw it away
- When a firework or sparkler is finished burning, place it in a bucket of water and throw it out
- Make sure that setting off fireworks in your area/state/city is legal!
- Do not purchase professional fireworks, only fireworks intended for consumers
- Light fireworks one at a time
- After lighting a firework, move far away from the firework, ensuring a safe enough distance
Important Notice: Independence Day Clinic Closure
In observance of Independence Day, UCR Health clinics will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th. We will resume regular hours on Wednesday, July 5th. If you have a life or limb-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room or urgent care. We wish you all a safe and fun 4th of July!
About UCR Health
UCR Health is comprised of a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving people’s health. With five medical offices located throughout Inland Empire and Coachella Valley, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region, bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to the community. Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health’s patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to all communities.