World AIDs day is a global event celebrated on the 1st of December each year.
World AIDS Day is important because it serves as a reminder that HIV has not gone away, there is still a vital need to raise money, increase awareness, fight prejudice and improve education.
Facts about HIV:
- Getting tested is the only way to know if you have HIV/AIDS.
- HIV can be transmitted through infected blood or sexual contact.
- Cases of HIV are typically asymptomatic until it progresses to AIDs.
- There is no cure for HIV/AIDs but treatment can be used at early stages to help slow its progression.
- Preventative care for HIV includes making sure you and your partner have both been tested before intercourse and refraining from needle sharing.
For more information please visit www.worldaidsday.org