UCR Health implemented Epic as our new electronic health records (EHR) system. Accompanying Epic is the MyChart patient portal, through which UCR Health patients will have secure, online access to their health records. Together, Epic and MyChart will transform how UCR Health physicians, staff, and patients exchange information.
What does this mean for you as a patient? Using Epic EHR means you’ll have one electronic patient chart that is accessible by all your providers across UCR Health, increasing the continuity of your care. It also increases the emphasis on patient safety by eliminating the duplication of tests, sending alerts to warn of allergies, sharing your medications list, and creating an easily accessible method of sharing information with all your UCR Health physicians.
The online patient portal makes obtaining your health information and messaging your physician office easier than ever. MyChart is accessible at MyChart.UCRHealth.org. It provides access to your health record wherever you are, at a time that is most convenient to your busy schedule.
Benefits of MyChart include:
- Reducing “phone tag” with secure electronic messaging to your physician office
- Quickly scheduling appointments
- Receiving appointment reminders
- Accessing upcoming appointment details
- Accessing most lab and test results
- Viewing past appointment details and post-visit summaries
- Reviewing your current medication list
- Requesting medication refills
- Keeping your health information organized
By using your personal computer, tablet or smartphone, it’s easy to manage the healthcare needs for you and your family. If you’re already a patient, click here to request your registration code and get started. If you’re a new patient, the After Visit Summary you’ll receive at the end of your upcoming visit will provide you with registration instructions.