The Multiple Sclerosis Program at UCR Health is the only program of its kind in Riverside County. As a multi-disciplinary practice devoted to multiple sclerosis (MS) clinical care, education, and research, we offer a full range of services for people living with MS. At UCR Health, we focus on all aspects of MS so we can provide comprehensive, patient-centered care.
At UCR Health, our specialists are fellowship trained and skilled in the diagnosis of MS. We work with you and your family to determine the best treatments for managing your disease and improving your day-to-day quality of life.
More than 400,000 Americans are living with MS with symptoms ranging from mild to severe. There are also additional people affected by demyelinating disorders, such as neuromyelitis optica and transverse myelitis. Most people with these disorders learn to manage their disease and lead productive lives with the help of advanced medical care – such as the care provided by UCR Health specialists.
Our medical offices are located in Riverside making it convenient for people living in our local communities of Riverside, Corona, Moreno Valley, and Palm Springs to receive care. Our physicians are affiliated with the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine, assuring you and your family that we will deliver the best care with access to other specialties should you need them. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at 844.827.8000.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Our neurologists treat the following conditions:
- Adult and pediatric multiple sclerosis
- Neuro-immunological disorders
- Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders (NMOSD, Devic’s disease)
- Optic neuritis
- Suspected multiple sclerosis
- Transverse myelitis
TREATMENTS AND SERVICES
Common treatments and services we offer include:
- Bladder scan screening for multiple sclerosis
- Cognitive evaluations and neuropsychological testing
- Consultations for suspected multiple sclerosis
- Disease-modifying therapy and symptom management for multiple sclerosis and related demyelinating conditions such as optic neuritis, transverse myelitis and neuromyelitis optica
- First-dose observation for fingolimod (Gilenya®) for multiple sclerosis
- Health promotion and wellness care, including educational programs
- Intravenous infusion of natalizumab (Tysabri®) and other immune suppressant medications for multiple sclerosis
- Symptom management
- Telemedicine consultations for multiple sclerosis
In addition to providing comprehensive, patient-centered care, our team of experts is at the forefront of MS research, aiming to find new therapies to treat this autoimmune disease.
Our physicians and researchers participate in many studies that include the investigation of chemical compounds to treat the underlying loss of myelin-associated with MS and alter the body’s immune system to reduce disease symptoms and disability.