As healthcare prices are constantly increasing, it is important that you take action to protect yourself and these inflating costs. In 2024, the University of California (UC) is increasing its investment in benefit costs for employees and if you don’t take advantage of this, you may have the same medical plan but at an increased rate. Open Enrollment is happening from October 26th, 8 am until Friday, November 17th, 5 pm.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is the time of year when UC employees can change their employee health benefits. They can review their health insurance and other benefits for the upcoming year. During this period, most employees change their health insurance plans, remove or add family members, or update their life or retirement plans. It is extremely important this year as many insurance companies are increasing their prices and contributions to UC employees.
What are the Benefits?
- If eligible, dental and vision coverage is provided through the University of California. Choosing a dental or vision plan is more flexible.
- Employees can save money by paying for eligible health care expenses on a pretax basis.
- Open Enrollment allows easy removal or addition of any family members to a healthcare plan.
- Ensures they have the right level of coverage and financial support for themselves and their family.
- You can find many other benefits HERE.
How to Enroll?
- Before beginning, make sure to disable any pop-up blocker and check the plan website for your primary care as some plans have different steps.
- Sign into your account and select ‘Open Enrollment’ at the bottom of the page.
- Employees can edit their benefit plan options, add or delete any dependents, and view the cost summary for the selected plan.
- Submit your changes before Friday, November 17th at 5 pm.
- You will receive a confirmation of an Open Enrollment Submission Statement via email each time you submit your application.
- For more in-depth steps, follow HERE.
Applying during this Open Enrollment ensures you get the best support for you and your family through the UC. As many changes to health care are being made in this upcoming year, make sure to apply before Friday, November 17th at 5 pm. You can find the application link HERE.