"Trust and care with each and every patient."
Roberto Castaños, MD is a Psychiatrist at the UCR Health Inland Empire Psychiatry Center and received his board certification from The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Castaños specializes in a variety of Psychiatric disorders including Mood Disorders, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, and Chemical Dependency. He is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine and completed his Psychiatry residency at University of California, Irvine. In addition to providing comprehensive psychiatric care, Dr. Castaños is an assistant clinical professor of Psychiatry at UC Riverside School of Medicine. He currently serves as a mentor and supervisor for medical students and psychiatric residents at UC Riverside, in addition to doing clinical research.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? "Outside of work I love to spend time with my family."
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- UCNS Board Certification - headache Medicine
Training / Memberships
- Affirmative Action Officer, Psychiatry Search Committee|UCR Psychiatry Diversity Taskforce|Education Policy Committee|Program Evaluation Committee|Curriculum Committee|Behavioral Health Medication Safety Committe|External Representative and Community Outreach Committee|Graduate Medical Education Committee|American Psychiatric Association|American Society of Hispanic Psychiatrists
- Evaluation of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition in an orthotopic murine model of lung cancer for dose-dependent effect
- Perioperative cyclooxygenase 2 inhibition to reduce tumor cell adhesion and metastatic potential of circulating tumor cells in non–small cell lung cancer
- The impact of psychostimulants on sustained attention over a 24-h period
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (MD) – Lubbock, TX
- University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, CA – Psychiatry