One should always have coolness and presence of mind under all circumstances so that we can provide good decisions when children are not well. Above all, comfort and being kind and compassionate to children and families is so important.
Roopa Viraraghavan, MD specializes in Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the UCR Multispecialty Clinic. She brings 25 years of experience in pediatric infectious diseases to the Inland Empire with skills in both inpatient and outpatient care. Dr. Viraraghavan practices medicine with empathy and a passion for helping patients from underserved backgrounds.
- What are the unique skills you have as a clinician? My skill set includes working in pediatrics, including both outpatient and inpatient as well as infectious diseases.
- Outside of healthcare, what do you enjoy doing? My family life is a major priority. I enjoy family outings to movies and entertainment; we do everything together. I try to remain active with my temple. My husband, 2 sons, and daughter enjoy summer trips. I also make it a priority to set aside time to just relax through gardening, cooking, meditation, or reading a good novel.
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Riverside Community Hospital
- Corona Regional Medical Center
- Parkview Community Hospital
- Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Sub-board Certified in Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Training / Memberships
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American Academy of Pediatrics Chapter 4 and Chapter 2
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- American Public Health Association
- AMA/California Medical Association/OCMA
Honors / Awards
- Orange County Medical Association (OCMA) Physician of Excellence
- Pediatric Consultant of the Year, Kaiser Permanente of Orange County (KPOC)
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- University of Maryland Hospital – Baltimore, Maryland
- Children's National Medical Center – Pediatric Infectious Diseases